The Finns Party (Perussuomalaiset)
Born on 30 May 1962, Rauma
Parliament of Finland (2011-)
- Chair, Foreign Affairs Committee
- Deputy member, Grand Committee
- Member, Speaker’s Council
- Member, Forum for International Affairs
- Pre-university school-leaving certificate (1981); Master of political science (1988).
- Youth League of Developing Finland, special correspondent of Suomen Uutiset (1983-1989).
- Vice-Chair, Finnish Rural Party (1989-1992); Party Secretary, Finnish Rural Party (1992-1995); Chair, The Finns Party (since 1997); Member of the Finnish Parliament (since 2003).
- Espoo town council (since 2001); Espoo town executive (2006-2007).
- Member, Legal Affairs Committee of the Finnish Parliament (2003-2007); substitute member, Grand Committee of the Finnish Parliament (2003-2007); member, Grand Committee of the Finnish Parliament (2007-2009); substitute member, Legal Affairs Committee of the Finnish Parliament (2007-2009); member, Speaker’s Advisory Council of the Finnish Institute of International Affairs (2007-2011)
- European Parliament (2009-2011): President of the Bureau of the EFD Group;
Vice-Chair, Committee on Culture and Education; member, Delegation for relations with Canada; substitute member, Delegation for relations with Switzerland, Iceland and Norway and to the European Economic Area (EEA) Joint Parliamentary Committee and Delegation for relations with Australia and New Zealand